Domestic EPC

From June 2007 all residential properties offered for sale in England and Wales must have a Home Information Pack (HIP), including an Energy Performance Certificate (EPCs), which must be in place before the house is offered for sale or rent, either independently, or through an estate agent.

The objective of obtaining an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is to comply with the new EPBD directives implemented in the UK over the past 2 years. The certificate presents several key points.

Ratings are represented with a chart with grades from ‘A’ to ‘G’, where ‘A’ is the most energy efficient and ‘G’ is the least. EPC’s can only be obtained by an accredited energy assessor. Charnwood Energy Assessors take care of employing the right person for the report who will suggest improvements in order to make the building more efficient. These suggestions are an indication only and do not have to be implemented. The idea is to provide prospective tenants or purchasers with up to date information on a building’s efficiency presented in a cost graph and also a CO2 emission chart to highlight environmental impact.

Charnwood Energy Assessors can issue an EPC to Estate Agents, Solicitors, or homeowners either independently, or through your preferred HIP provider.

To request more information or arrange an appointment for a Domestic Energy Assessment, please contact us

To view an example Domestic EPC click here

01509 815895